The Interim Provisions on the Supervision and Administration of Major Hazardous Sources of Hazardous Chemicals (Order No. 40 of the State Administration of Work Safety) clearly sets out the requirements for grading major hazard sources and specifies specific grading methods. According to its regulations, the major hazard source of hazardous chemicals is divided into first, second, third and fourth grades.
First, the grading index
The ratio of the actual presence (on-line) of various hazardous chemicals in the unit to the critical amount specified in the Identification of Major Hazardous Sources of Hazardous Chemicals (GB18218), and the sum of the ratios corrected by the correction factor, R, is used as the grading index.
Second, the calculation method of R
In the formula:
Q1, q2,...,qn — the actual (online) amount of each hazardous chemical (unit: tons);
Q1, Q2, ..., Qn - the critical amount (unit: ton) corresponding to each hazardous chemical;
11, β2..., βn—correction coefficients corresponding to each hazardous chemical;
α—The correction factor for the exposed personnel outside the plant where the hazardous chemical is a major hazard.
Third, the value of the correction coefficient β
Set the correction factor β value according to the type of hazardous chemicals in the unit, see Table 1 and Table 2:
Table 1 Correction coefficient β value table
Category toxic gas explosives, flammable gases, other types
β see Table 221.51
Note: The categories of hazardous chemicals are determined according to the classification criteria in the Dangerous Goods Product Name List.
Table 2 Common Toxic Gas Correction Coefficient β Value Table
Toxic gas name
Sulfur ammonia epoxy
Toxic gas name hydrogen sulfide hydrogen fluoride
Nitrogen cyanide hydrogen carbonyl chloride phosphine hydrogen isocyanate
Note: The toxic gases not listed in Table 2 can be taken as β=2, and the highly toxic gases can be taken as β=4.
Fourth, the value of the correction coefficient α
According to the boundary of the plant boundary of the major hazard source, the number of permanent residents within 500 meters is extended, and the correction coefficient α of the exposed personnel outside the factory is set. See Table 3:
Table 3 Calibration coefficient α value table
Number of people exposed outside the factory alpha
100 or more 2.0
50 to 99 people 1.5
30 to 49 people 1.2
1 to 29 people 1.0
0 people 0.5
Five, grading standards
Based on the calculated R value, determine the level of major hazard source for hazardous chemicals according to Table 4.
Table 4 Correspondence between major hazard source levels and R values of hazardous chemicals
R-value of major hazard source level of hazardous chemicals
First level R≥100
Level 3 50>R≥10
Four levels R<10
SYSBEL Eye Wash Stations
• It adopts PE materials, and the production materials comply with the regulations of F.D.A on the grade on PE materials for food (F.D.A. Regulation on Polypropylene: the requirements of U.S.21 CFR F.D.A. Regulation Part 177.1520, portable containers clauses (C) for food contact use),and it is
• superior in its high intensity, good toughness, good Rigidity, heat and cold resistance
• Eye Washcomplies with human engineering principle in design, and adopts the law of gravity to produce water pressure and deliver water to two nozzles
• Eye Wash applies to work places without water supply and discharge facilities and can be installed and fixed onto walls as required to provide timely and
• It complies with regulations of ANSI/ISEA on emergency eye wash station and showering equipment-ANSI Z358.1-2014
• It is suggested to discharge the liquid in eye wash station every two or four weeks or as required and clean every component of eye wash station
- Eye Wash System Selection Techniques--SYSBEL
- Eyewash System Applications--SYSBEL
- Eye Wash According To The Structure Of The Syst...
- Eyewash System Using The Method--SYSBEL
- How To Choose The Right Eye Wash--SYSBEL
- How To Identify The Right Choice Eye Wash Produ...
- Maintenance Of Eye Wash--SYSBEL
- Compound Eye Wash Installation--SYSBEL
- Some Considerations For Compound Eye Wash--SYSBEL
- Eye Wash And Eye Drops Are Case Sensitive--SYSBEL
- Best Practice of PP Medicine Cabinet
- Labor Protection Product Management System
- Emergency Disposal Of Hazardous Chemicals Lique...
- Chemical Enterprise Fire Characteristics
- Oil Waste Can：Chemical Industry Fire Prevention...
- Safety Storage Cabinet:Precautions For The Stor...
- Chemical Storage Cabinet:Precautions For The St...
- The Cause Of The Laboratory Accident
- Prevention of Laboratory Accidents with Eyewash...
- What Are The National Standards For Gas Laborat...